‘Water’ is a film about a young boy’s struggle to accept his fears, his mentally disabled father and his possible future duty.
Toby yearns for a life like any other eight-year-old kid. But his mentally disabled father is a constant reminder that life for Toby, will never be normal.
SHORT FILM REVIEW
Water is awesome & beautifully portrayed directed by Corrie Jones. Water has a very complex script beautifully shot with an awesome screenplay & an interesting ending. Water is emotionally packed with an excellent editing which makes it the more gripping.
On the whole Water is an incredibly touching short film which can inspire your day & look at your life with a different perspective. Amazing.
Shot using Sony F900 with a Angenieux 35mm primes adaptor and a set of 35mm Zeiss Ultra Primes.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- Winner 2010 Milan International Film Festival Award for Best Short Film (15-30 mins)
- Winner 2010 SHORTini International Short Film Festival Award for Best Short Film
- Winner 2010 Australian Directors Guild Award for Best Direction in a Short Film
- Winner 2009 AFI Award for Outstanding Achievement in Short Film Screen Craft – Cinematography
- Nominated 2009 AFI Award for Best Short Fiction Film and Best Screenplay in a Short Film